4.08.2009

Final Ride Promotion Poster



The biggest issue I had when completing the final stages of production was time. Or rather, the lack thereof. I had forgotten that I would have to build the extra graphics featured in the clouds. I constructed these in Illustrator, then exported them to Photoshop to apply clipping paths in the cloud shape before finally placing them in my InDesign document. These took about 3-4 hours. It also took me awhile to figure out how to use the clipping paths and layer masks to the best advantage. However, overall I believe I was successful and ended up with a good design.

The only problem I had with presentation was the realization that I did not have a piece of black foam core that was big enough for mounting the 13x19" final poster. This was easily remedied with a quick run to Walmart and the evening, and the project, was saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment